If there’s another profession in this world that makes you wanna go out and get inked more than being in the sacred brotherhood that defends our great nation, please let me know. For as long as the Corps has been around, marines have been drawn to that ink covered needle like a moth to a flame. It’s almost like a right of passage.
Over the years, Marine Corps tattoos have evolved into a diverse body of artwork. Ranging from a simple “semper fidelis” to large murals depicting the events as they unfolded on 9/11, each and every USMC tattoo carries a certain level of reverence.
Let’s take a look at one of the largest collections of Marine Corps tattoo designs.
1. FULL BACK LEATHERNECK FOREVER 1775 USMC
2. “THOSE WHO HAVE DIED FOR OUR FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN”.
3. SEMPER FIDELIS ON BACK WITH GLOBE
4. SKULL WITH RED BANDANA
5. “BORN AND RAISED BY BLOOD, BOUND AND TRAINED BY BROTHERHOOD”.
6. SKULL AND CROSSBONES WITH BERET
7. BACK PIECE, SNIPER RIFLE IN CROSSHAIRS
8. SKULLS WITH LIGHTNING BOLT ON BACK
9. SERGEANT STRIPES WITH GLOBE AND ANCHOR INSIDE