There’s a certain subtleness about white ink tattoos that almost allows them to blend into ones skin until closer inspection. White ink tattoos are often mistaken for scarification pieces due to their similar color tone when finished.
White ink tattoos obviously only use one color ink; which makes shading, filling, and other techniques that are seen in regular tattoos impossible. However, there is no shortage of white ink tattoo examples and if done right, can be absolutely stunning.
Another often overlooked advantage of white ink tattoos is their appearance under black lights. They glow!
Here is a large compilation of white ink tattoos from around the web.
1. THREE RECTANGLES ON NECK
2. FLOWERS WITH ARABIC WRITING
3. “LOVE LIFE” WHITE INK TATTOO ON WRIST
A daily reminder to live life to the fullest!
4. LOVELY FREE FLOWING DESIGN ON SHOULDER
5. SKELETON SEE-THOUGH BONES WHITE INK TATTOO UNDER BLACK LIGHT
This tattoo is simply amazing. It demonstrates just how many creative designs can be accomplished with white ink. Anyone have a photo of this tattoo not under a black light?
6. COURAGE OVER FEAR TATTOO ON WRIST
7. UNIQUE FLOWER DESIGN WHITE INK TATTOO
8. STARS WHITE INK TATTOO UNDER BLACK LIGHT
Under a black light you really see the importance of filling in white ink tattoos completely.
9. BEAUTIFUL FLOWER DESIGN ON FOREARM